In this post we will share a few tasty 100% gluten free recipes that you and your family will really like. Recipes are simple and cooking will not take you too much time. So, enjoy!
Almond Cake with Apricot Jam Recipe
1 3/4 Cups Blanched Whole Almonds
1 Cup Sugar
6 Eggs (separated)
1 Navel Orange (zest only)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Apricot Jam
- Heat oven 350 degrees
- In a food processor, grind almonds really fine.
- In a large metal bowl use an electric mixer to beat egg yolks and sugar until pale (10 – 15 minutes).
- Add the zest, vanilla extract, and ground almonds. Mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks.
- Fold stiff whites into the almond mixture.
- In a 11 inch nonstick pan, butter and dust with GF flour.
- Now pour cake batter. Smooth top, bang to remove air bubbles.
- Bake 40 minutes, remove, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave or heat up the apricot jam to liquify a bit. Makes it easier to glaze the cake with it heated.
- When cake has cooled, remove and set on a plate. Glaze cake.
Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe
1/2 Cup + 3/4 Cup Sugar
5 Tablespoons Butter (soft)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
1/4 Cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk (or rice, almond, etc)
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Heat oven 350 degrees.
- Boil a tea kettle full of water (this will be used later when baking).2. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar in an electric (or hand) mixer. Medium high speed 2 minutes.
- Seperate the egg whites and yolks.
- Add yolks and lemon zest to mixer.
- Then Slowly add flour and cornstarch to mixer low speed until incorporated.
- Add whole milk and lemon juice to the mixer. Mix well, set aside.
- Whip egg whites to soft peeks.
- Then add 3/4 cup sugar to the egg whites. Mix well.
- Combine the egg whites with the cake batter 1/3 at a time, folding it in.
- Place a greased 8 inch pyrex dish inside a larger roasting pan.
- Pour cake batter into the pyrex dish. Place roasting pan with the cake into the oven.
- Add hot water into the roasting pan til it’s half way up the side of pyrex cake dish.
- Bake 60 minutes, remove cake dish, set on rack and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar. Scoop to serve Enjoy!
Recipe source: http://2yum.me/