Cannabis can be a different thing to different people. To some it is a cure to various health issues. To some, it is a source to get high. And to some it is a widely abused drug. Whatever the case may be, I am not here to judge anyone on what they think. I am going to teach you exactly how to make Cannabutter or Weed butter from left over marijuana from the vaporizer.
To some people, it may sound confusing as to What, How and Why to use a vaporizer for smoking pot. For the trivial junky, Vaporizing is a very convenient procedure to consume marijuana, by reducing or decreasing many of the irritating respiratory toxins which exists in the marijuana flower and get released when smoked. Moreover, one can consume up to 95% Cannabinoid using a vaporizer unlike smoking pot where you receive only up to 88%.
However small the leftover in the vaporizer, you can never feel better about throwing it away. So here how you can use this leftover to make Cannabutter or Weed Butter.
What you will need:
- 2 half-cup sticks of butter unsalted.
- 4 grams of vaporized leftovers.
- 1 gram ground fresh cannabis.
- 1 cup of water.
- Put the butter on the pan and let it melt.
- Put the leftover and fresh weed in the pan with the butter.
- Add water.
- Put the stove to the lowest heat setting and leave it for 4-5hours. Keep in mind that you stir it every once in a while for better mixing. Patience is the key.
- Now that the preparation is over, we need to extract our butter from the mixture and solidify it.
- For that, take the cheesecloth and put it on the strainer.
- Now pour the mixture over the strainer. All the marijuana absorbed liquid butter and water will pass through the cloth and the strainer leaving behind the un-potent leftovers from the vaporizer.
- Strain the leftover mixture properly on the cheese cloth so that it becomes dry.
- Now put the strained liquid in the fridge and wait overnight for the fat to solidify.
- You will see the butter floating on top of the excess water in the container.
- Throw the water away and rinse the butter.
- You may also want to consider cleaning the base of the butter as it will contain some residue of the marijuana which passed through the strainer.
Now that your Stoned butter is prepared and ready you can use it when baking, as a topping on toast, mixed into tea, or eat it plain. Please keep in mind that it might take a little longer than normal to get you to that level of high but when it does, you do remain high for a considerably longer amount of time. Please do remember to be responsible and keep yourself safe.
In this post we will share a few tasty 100% gluten free recipes that you and your family will really like. Recipes are simple and cooking will not take you too much time. So, enjoy!
Almond Cake with Apricot Jam Recipe
1 3/4 Cups Blanched Whole Almonds
1 Cup Sugar
6 Eggs (separated)
1 Navel Orange (zest only)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Apricot Jam
- Heat oven 350 degrees
- In a food processor, grind almonds really fine.
- In a large metal bowl use an electric mixer to beat egg yolks and sugar until pale (10 – 15 minutes).
- Add the zest, vanilla extract, and ground almonds. Mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks.
- Fold stiff whites into the almond mixture.
- In a 11 inch nonstick pan, butter and dust with GF flour.
- Now pour cake batter. Smooth top, bang to remove air bubbles.
- Bake 40 minutes, remove, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave or heat up the apricot jam to liquify a bit. Makes it easier to glaze the cake with it heated.
- When cake has cooled, remove and set on a plate. Glaze cake.
Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe
1/2 Cup + 3/4 Cup Sugar
5 Tablespoons Butter (soft)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
1/4 Cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk (or rice, almond, etc)
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Heat oven 350 degrees.
- Boil a tea kettle full of water (this will be used later when baking).2. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar in an electric (or hand) mixer. Medium high speed 2 minutes.
- Seperate the egg whites and yolks.
- Add yolks and lemon zest to mixer.
- Then Slowly add flour and cornstarch to mixer low speed until incorporated.
- Add whole milk and lemon juice to the mixer. Mix well, set aside.
- Whip egg whites to soft peeks.
- Then add 3/4 cup sugar to the egg whites. Mix well.
- Combine the egg whites with the cake batter 1/3 at a time, folding it in.
- Place a greased 8 inch pyrex dish inside a larger roasting pan.
- Pour cake batter into the pyrex dish. Place roasting pan with the cake into the oven.
- Add hot water into the roasting pan til it’s half way up the side of pyrex cake dish.
- Bake 60 minutes, remove cake dish, set on rack and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar. Scoop to serve Enjoy!
Recipe source: http://2yum.me/
I wanted to give y’all an update regarding the pie crust recipe. It was a SUCCESS!!!! The crust was flaky and so yummy on the taste buds. Even so yummy that a stranger, well kinda stranger, but not, who had no clue it was even GF said that it was an awesome pie.
There’s this lil gas station that my husband and I always go to and there is this young kid who works the evening shift, that Tyler and I have become good acquaintances with. I was in there on Wednesday evening and I asked him if he has plans for Thanksgiving, making small talk as usual. If you know me personally, you know that I love to chat with people. He told me that he didn’t want to talk about it because he doesn’t have family that lives here and he was spending it alone.
I told him that he should come to our house and have dinner, and he told me that he had to work. So when my lil brother was on his way home from dinner at our house, I asked if he would please take a plate of food to the kid at the gas station. I piled it up with ham, turkey, stuffing (not gf), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries and something else that I don’t recall. Then on a separate plate, a piece pumpkin and apple pie. So you may be asking, what does this have to do with the success of the pie crust? Well here’s why, today my husband was on his way home from work and he stopped to get some fuel and the kid was working. He told Tyler that he needed to tell whom ever made the apple pie that it was AWESOME! Tyler said that he didn’t even mention anything else about the any of the other food. Just that he thought the apple pie was awesome.
Awesome? Really? I was like a little kid full of excitement when he told me that. I couldn’t believe someone else, outside of my family, who is supposed to tell me that my cooking is good, said that the pie was awesome!!!!!
That made me feel so good, to know that a complete stranger to my cooking and disease thought that my GF apple pie was awesome. Tyler didn’t even tell him the secret behind or should I say inside it.
Needless to say it was an amazing Thanksgiving. We were so blessed to able to have the company of our family and friends. It was success!
I hope that all of you had Happy and Successful Thanksgiving!
Nighty night gf readers